Available in PDF form here.
The Club shall be known as The Online Radio Club and has the Ofcom registered callsign MX0ONL.
The aims of the Club shall be to further the interests of its members in all aspects of amateur radio and directly associated activities.
Membership shall be open, subject to the discretion of the Committee, to all persons interested in the aims of the Club.
- Full members. Full members must be 18 years of age or over or must hold the permission of any competent authority to install and operate an amateur radio station.
- Student members. Student members must be under 25 years of age and in full-time formal education.
- Honorary members. Honorary Life Membership may be granted to any person, who, in the opinion of the Committee, has rendered outstanding service to the Club, either directly or indirectly. Such membership shall carry the rights of full membership but shall be free from subscriptions.
- Guests. Members may invite guests to meetings. No guest may attend more than three meetings in each year without becoming a member.
All members shall abide by the Constitution and the Rules of the Club. The Committee shall have the power to expel any member whose conduct, in the opinion of at least three-quarters of the full Committee, renders that person unfit to be a member of the Club. No Member shall be expelled without first having been given an opportunity to appear before the Committee. The Rules of the Club will be freely available upon request and documented publicly on the club website.
- The annual subscriptions for membership shall be recommended by the Committee for ratification at the AGM.
- All subscriptions shall be due and payable at the beginning of the financial year. Members in arrears have no voting rights.
- The financial year shall run from 1 November to 31 October.
- A member shall have deemed to have resigned from the Society, if, by the following 31 October, the subscription has not been paid.
- The Committee shall have the power to waive or reduce subscriptions in special circumstances for a period not exceeding one year at a time.
All money received by the Club shall be promptly deposited in the Club’s bank account. Withdrawals require the signature of the Club’s Treasurer and one other nominated officer of the Club.
6. Membership of the Club’s Committee
The Club’s affairs shall be administered by a Committee elected at the Annual General Meeting. The Committee, in whom the Club’s property shall be vested, shall consist of:
- A Chairman – who will preside at all meetings at which he is present. No member may hold this position for more than two consecutive years. He may be re-elected after a break of one year.
- A Vice-Chairman – who will act as chairman in the absence of the Chairman
- A Secretary – who will be responsible for:
- keeping the minutes of all meetings of the Club.
- ensuring that all correspondence is correctly handled.
- maintaining a master roll of members and honorary members.
- maintaining a register of Club equipment
- A Treasurer – who will be responsible for:
- keeping the Club’s accounts.
- advising the Committee on all financial matters.
- preparing the accounts for audit and presenting them at the AGM
- At least two Ordinary Committee Members
- Not more than two co-opted members who have full voting powers, and not more than one who are not permitted to vote.
7. Committee standing orders
- The quorum for the Committee shall be at least two thirds of the full membership of the committee. In the absence of a quorum, business may be dealt with but any decisions taken only become valid after ratification at the next meeting at which a quorum exists.
- Committee meetings may be called by the Chairman, the Secretary or any vote.
8. Annual General Meeting
- The Annual General Meeting shall normally be held on the last Saturday of November each year. At least 21 days notice shall be given to each member in writing.
- The quorum for the meeting shall be ten percent of the membership or three members whichever is the higher.
- The agenda for the meeting shall be:
- Apologies for absence
- Minutes of the previous AGM
- Chairman’s report
- Secretary’s report
- Treasurer’s report
- Election of the new Committee
- Election of auditors
- Other business
- Items (a) to (e) shall be chaired by the out-going Chairman, item (f) by an acting Chairman who is not standing for election to office, and the remaining business by the newly elected Chairman.
- Nominations for Committee members will only be valid if confirmed by the nominee at the meeting or previously in writing.
- Items to be raised by members under other business must be notified to the Secretary not less than 21 days before the AGM.
9. Extraordinary General Meeting
- Extraordinary General Meetings may be called by the Committee or not less than six members of the Club, the date of the meeting being the earliest convenient as decided by the Committee. At least 28 days notice in writing must be given to the Secretary, who in turn shall give members at least 14 days notice in writing of the agenda. No other business may be transacted at the EGM.
- The quorum for the EGM shall be ten percent of the membership.
10. Amendments to the constitution
The constitution may be amended only at an EGM called for that purpose.
11. Winding up of the Club
- The decision to wind up the Club may be taken only at an EGM.
- The funds of the Club shall, after the sale of all assets and the payment of all outstanding debts, be disposed of as directed by members at the final EGM.